Monday, January 30, 2012

Miffed

Longing
Self-portrait
Amsterdam, Netherlands - January 2012

My quest for personal fitness took me to the YMCA gym and stripped me of my drivers license.

An hour and a half after I stepped in the gym, I returned to the front desk to pick up the drivers license I had been required to leave as a guest of the facilities, and found it had been lost. I am astounded. And now unable to rent a car or drive. With a trip to Los Angeles coming up, this is a complete mess. I am fortunate enough to have an apartment I may do some shooting in, but am disappointed by the shoots I will now be unable to do.

The fact that an organization has a policy of holding drivers licenses and yet cannot keep track of them is completely unacceptable in my opinion. And apparently all they feel they owe me is the money to replace my ID?

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd be more than miffed. This is a very frustrating thing for somebody like yourself who depends on your car to get you to and from jobs. And around L.A. (as I've been told by my folks as they've been there) public transport is lousy.

    I hope you get your license back soon and you're back to your normal life again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quelle bummeur?

    Best wishes foir a speedy recovery of the necessary documentation.

    W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check your Gmail. I emailed two photos of you with your ID. Not sure if they will help or not.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd send them a bill for lost income. If nothing else, might make them change their security so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to be inquiring about a gratis gym membership - it won't cost them anything, but will help make some amends.

    ReplyDelete