Sunday, July 19, 2015

Perfect outdoors shooting weather



Photographed by Linda Hollinger
Photographed at the Ivy Lee Philadelphia Workshop

The weather is perfect for outdoors shoots right now. Most traveling models time their road trips through certain areas to have ideal weather when in town, but this causes an unintentional caravan of sorts. One after another, parading through a region. When in population dense areas, that works out well, but some areas cannot support an influx of too many models. We understand photographers have a limited amount of budget and time for photography, so we relish in the shoots we get to do and often move fast through a region. Working with those who most want to work with us, and knowing our probability of returning is tied to how our trip goes. What makes a trip successful is not always counted in number of shoots, but experiences, but a balance of income and expenses is always necessary. Most experienced models will find work, but may have to drive farther and spend more hours networking to make their trip happen.

Five years ago I drove west from the east coast, and traveled through Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana, before heading south back to Texas. The drive was long, but I was seeing parts of the country I had never seen before. This year I am taking a weeklong break in Texas to fully rest and reinvigorate my zest for travel. I’ve timed this break perfectly to lay around in sweltering heat, but I departed Texas in May and have been on the road since then and needed to see a week without travel in my schedule to continue.

I decided I wanted to see the Midwest again. This trip will take me to places I had not traveled to before. The time of year is perfect for travel in the Midwest and I look forward to many outdoors shoots. The region will be crowded, but little by little my schedule is filling. Feel free to pop an email my way if you want me to detour to you while on this exploratory jaunt.

*****

MIDWEST (dates and locations are somewhat flexible at this point) 
Cleveland, Oh: July 31 
Michigan: August 1 - 5 
Chicago/Peoria: Aug 5 - 9
Indianapolis/Bloomington, IN: Aug 10
Cincinnati/Columbus: Aug 11 - 12 
Kentucky: Aug 13
St. Louis, Mo: Aug 14 - 16
Memphis, TN: Aug 17
Little Rock, AR: Aug 18
Houston 


Photographed by Linda Hollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment