Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Butt kickin'


The theme of today is butt kicking.

I started the day by heading to a full hour and a half of Bikram yoga. I thought I was going to melt into a puddle after forty-five minutes, and realized I had a long way to go. So how did I reward myself for completing the session? By signing up for an unlimited pass to the yoga studio to commit myself to numerous more sessions before I drag my model butt halfway across the United States.

What is Bikram yoga, some of you may ponder? On the occasion a thought like that crosses my mind, I pull out trusty Mr. Wikipedia. Bikram yoga is a series of 26 yoga postures done in a room hot enough to make even people who claim they do not sweat, lose 17.89 percent of their weight in sweat - the room temperature being the temperature of a Houston summer day, or 105 degrees.

My butt kicking continued when I started compiling records for my taxes. This I cannot even begin to discuss without wanting to waive my hands in the air and scream. And since I am writing this blog as a break from my frustrations, I shall refrain from mentioning the missing receipts, the excruciatingly slow internet, and the mileage log that was virtually neglected.

Enough of this foolery.
Back to my butt kicking, or I could just eat dinner.

Painting by artist Howie Doyle of Houston, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment