Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bring me back




Photographed by Carlos Torreblanca
San Jose - August 2010

The burn is over.
My break is done.
Back to the grind.
There's work on my mind.

***

Burning man far exceeded my expectations, and yet, I came into the event without any. I had heard details and seen video clips, but the true magnificence could not be understood without the experience itself. "Art party in the desert," would be the simplest way of putting it, but this is obviously vague. I have now been turned on to acroyoga and contact improvisation, and hoping my life continues to be free next year so I can return.
I was high on the experience rather than the documentation, but will post some photos and excited ranting soon.

Burning man was introduced to me once I started modeling, and the need to go was solidified by nonstop burn talk by photographers Andrew and Matt in Portland. The generous John Whiley and Andrew Stamp made the trip possible - inviting me into their camp "The Tribe," and their RV. The extent of my gratefulness is huge. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment