Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh dear!


Photographed by Leland Ray
Hattiesburg, MS - March 2010

Some days I show up at a location and feel as though I fell into model location heaven. Today's location in Mississippi (of all places) was a grungy, but charming hotel, complete with three rooms and a full ballroom available to play in in front of Leland Ray's camera.

After a day of shooting and a bit of driving (three hours is nothing these days), I am staying with my friends Vassanta and Edward in Alabama while I work and visit in the area. Years ago I would have never imagined having friends in these states, and here I am glad to be here over and over again.

On my drive a deer was standing in the middle of the road, and I was cruising along at a legal 70 mph. On my way to Burning Man a while back I was in an RV which had a run in with a deer (and neither won), but this was my first time to encounter one while in my little car. I swerved and missed him, sparing my vehicle, body and the deer, and couldn't help but proclaim, "oh dear!"

No comments:

Post a Comment