Thursday, May 6, 2010

To the moon and back



Some people I have met on this journey have become special to me even if I have only shared a few hours with them. Some make me think and feel thoughts which I knew where somewhere inside me, but was unable to really embrace. While meeting up with my friends Ned and Aya Rosen it became clear to me what I really want to be doing at this moment in my life - traveling around the country. Prolonging my freedom and adventure. It may appear I am already doing precisely this, but my plans stretch further. Instead of hiking down from Chicago to Texas in July, I want to keep driving to the West. A full loop of the country, having a chance to visit places I have never visited before. A chance to be in each city for a couple of extra days, with more time to experience the people, the place, and to just exist. But I have commitments and people I love in Texas who are beckoning me back. My car is my spaceship and I want to travel to the moon, but can this be done when there are others to think about?

I want to live this to the fullest. And then I want to continue with my life.

Photos by Little Ghost of Arlington, Virginia.

2 comments:

  1. This foto with the flowers is very nice lady. Your poses are so good and every little muscle in your body shows. Do you workout or just have a hyper metabolism to stay this thin and tight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. West is the best:) come and play!

    ReplyDelete