Friday, June 25, 2010

Connoisseur


A friend of mine knew I was traveling to Memphis and sent an email full of top notch suggestions for places to visit. These emails are like having a condensed, personalized travel guide in my iphone or a sort of detailed out scavenger hunt for city treasures. Last night I wandered around the city, went to a great little restaurant bar (McEwen's) where I ended up chit chatting with a couple of people and heading down the street to a neighborhood bar. Currently I am enjoying coffee and digesting my amazingly rich and tasty meal of sweet potato pancakes and grits at the oldest restaurant in Memphis, The Arcade Restaurant - a meal touted as a favorite by the food network. You may have thought I was a traveling art model, but I am also a traveling food connoisseur. Ironically, wikipedia defines a connoisseur as "a person who has a great deal of knowledge about the fine arts, or an expert judge in matters of taste." Perhaps my culinary and artist path do have some connection.

Variations on a set done with Lawrence Coffin of Boston.

1 comment:

  1. nice fotos lady.
    you look pretty.
    food sounds great.
    I'm going to Denver next week, know any great places to eat?
    peace
    hal

    ReplyDelete