Monday, June 14, 2010

Memento Mori


Exactly last year as the clock struck midnight and I reached a quarter of a century years old, I was curled on a table, covered with talcum powder and laden with dead flowers and a skull. I was shooting with Noah Huber in Arizona and creating artwork in the style of Memento Mori . A latin term translated as, "remember you must die." The process was done with medium format cameras and was extremely slow. As someone who at that point had only a month ago changed paths and embarked in a journey to make the most out of life, this was a truly beautiful experience.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I've done one series around a Day of the Dead Altar, but it was only my second nude shoot and a very long time ago. I really ought to do that again.

    ReplyDelete