Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sleeping on the streets



A cancellation left my morning completely open, and I decided extra sleep would do me well. So here I am not shooting or sleeping. Clearly I am not destined to sleep in.

Instructed to head to La Taberna del Alabarder on my DC trip, Thursday evening I set out for a night of dining on tapas and drinks at the bar of my friend's old haunt. Evening meals when alone typically involve a book or journal as my companion. This evening I got so much more. A few sips into my martini a handlebar mustached man was in my face telling me of his walks across Europe, his sleeping on floors and how he intended on sleeping on the street that night. I am not sure if that is some sort of bizarre pick up line, with the hopes that I would offer him safe, warm place to stay, but if any of you run across this man, don't take your advice on how to deal with women from him. Fortunately I was rescued by a friend of my Houston photographer friend who sent me to the restaurant, and ended up enjoying a dinner with a couple of lovely girls my age and my friend's friend.

Two lovely photos by Domenic of Tortured Artist Productions. I have been familiar with his work since I began modeling a couple of years ago, and finally had the opportunity to shoot with him yesterday. He was every bit as wonderful to work with as I had envisioned, and I am thrilled with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment